“U.S. Senate Candidate Interview with Sarah Godlewski” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
This week we welcome yet another U.S. Senate candidate, State Treasurer Sarah Godlewski, to discuss her primary campaign. This is our second in a series of interviews with the crowded field of Democratic candidates vying to face off against incumbent Senator and Trump sycophant Ron Johnson. Our panel also talks about the explosion of COVID and the return of masking for some businesses and local governments, while the Legislative Republicans move this week to bar the UW System from enacting COVID safety rules, endangering young people, university staff, and the communities in which they live. We also look at the eviction crisis, the important role of movement leaders like U.S. Rep. Cori Bush cutting through traditional political gridlock, and the hard path ahead to real structural reform.
Sarah Godlewski for U.S. Senate
- New COVID-19 surge brings vaccine mandates as masks return proposed legislation would forbid requirements for the shot, but faces likely veto.
- State employees in Wisconsin will be required to wear masks starting Thursday.
- Feds order new eviction ban in counties with highest COVID-19 infection rates.
- Gallagher Statement on Unconstitutional Extension of Eviction Moratorium.
- UW System Won’t Be Able to Enact COVID Rules After GOP Vote.
- Cap Times Editorial: Steve Nass’s COVID-19 hysteria could get people killed.