“Texas sized Wisconsin emergency” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We welcome Courtney Hayward and Tanya Atkinson from Planned Parenthood Advocates of Wisconsin to the show to talk about the impending threat to reproductive healthcare in Wisconsin. In addition to the looming threat to Roe v. Wade by a lawless right-wing Supreme Court, the State Legislature introduced a Texas style ban, which could end reproductive freedom even if Roe is not overturned. Next, Ben Wilson, Citizen Action Driftless Coop Organizer, joins us to urge you to attend the virtual, In The Wash: A Virtual Workshop About Wisconsin Water Quality, where you can learn how to help protect Wisconsin water. We discuss Republican state legislative attacks on BadgerCare and public education, Robert raises concerns about an anti-Asian hate bill in the legislature targeting the UW System, and we shout out state Sen. Jeff Smith for speaking truth telecom corporate conspiracy against universal broadband in Wisconsin.
Attend In The Wash: A Virtual Workshop About Wisconsin Water Quality.
Thursday, February 24, 2022 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
RSVP to attend Citizen Action’s Lobby Week, Feb. 24 – March 4th
- GOP Medicaid Bills Are An Attack on Hardworking Wisconsinites.
- Planned Parenthood, Wisconsin officials respond to threats to reproductive health care.
- What overturning Roe v. Wade would mean for Wisconsin.
- Lifting voucher caps could cost property taxpayers more than $570M next year.
- Senate votes on guns, vaccines, China Floor session mixes occasional harmony with recurring division.