“Citizen Action endorses Mandela Barnes for U.S. Senate” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We welcome Lt. Governor Mandela Barnes, Citizen Action’s newly endorsed candidate for U.S. Senate, to discuss his historic campaign and why Citizen Action endorsed in the hotly contested primary to take on Mega MAGA Senator Ron Johnson. We debrief our 3rd Congressional District Candidate Forum, which featured the 4 Democratic candidates running to replace Ron Kind in one of the nation’s most important House elections this Fall. Watch the forum for yourself and tell us if you think there is a candidate Citizen Action should endorse. Robin Vos appointed a new Wisconsin Election Commissioner (WEC), what does it mean? Will an insurrectionist lead the WEC? Meanwhile, the disgraced Michael Gabelman is forced to testify in court on Friday about his habitual shredding of public records. The Wisconsin Supreme Court finally rules against the WMC’s disturbing effort to block employer COVID outbreak data, and the shameful propaganda statement/dissent of Justice Ziegler and 2 other right wing justices. Are these actual legal arguments or Fox News propaganda masquerading as jurisprudence? We close the show discussing the liberal backlash against criminal justice reform in the San Francisco District Attorney recall earlier this week. What does it mean for BLM and the George Floyd moment when real reform seemed possible?
LISTEN to the show!
WATCH Citizen Action’s 3rd Congressional District Candidate Forum.
- Media release on Mandela Barnes endorsement.
- Court clears the way to release workplace COVID-19 data. Decision praised by advocates for open records and worker safety.
- Judge orders Michael Gableman to appear in person and testify Friday in lawsuit over public records.
- Robin Vos returns former member of the Wisconsin Elections Commission to replace a Republican who resigned under pressure.
- San Francisco Voters Just Ousted Their Reformist District Attorney.
Chesa Boudin became the target of tough-on-crime critics.
- A deposition in Gableman’s election investigation unraveled when it was to be conducted by an unlicensed attorney.