“Fighting racist Republican election ads, one voter at a time” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We welcome Citizen Action Movement Politics Director Priscilla Bort back as a guest panelist. We discuss the push back against the onslaught of racist Republican ads against Mandela Barnes. Citizen Action’s “deep canvass” election program is one of the most effective counters for combating the lies. We urge listeners to donate and/or volunteer to this pivotal program. Trump-backed millionaire authoritarian Tim Michels wants to end parole, even if it violates state law, and Republican state senate candidate Dave Estenson is the subject of a Department of Justice investigation into his sexual harassment of women. In an ominous sign, every Wisconsin House Republican votes against bi-partisan bill preventing the overturning of elections. We close with our special interview with Wisconsin Examiner journalist Henry Redman to discuss whether the billions of dollars invested in broadband are actually going to cover unserved areas of Wisconsin.
- Supporters of Mandela Barnes accuse Republicans of airing racist ads in Senate race with Ron Johnson.
- Protesters outside Milwaukee GOP office denounce ‘racist’ ads.
- Michels wants to halt all paroles in Wisconsin, citing release of violent offenders under Evers. Many of those were required by law.
- SSDC: Republican Senate Candidate Dave Estenson subject of shocking DCI investigation.
- U.S. House passes bill reforming Electoral Count Act to stop Jan. 6 repeat.