“Split Decision” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast.
As the 2022 election results continue to come in, the voters deliver a split decision. We continue our analysis of the election and what it portends for governing and the future of democracy. We look at why inflation didn’t kill Democrats in the election and how Biden’s policies played a role in midterm success, even if not fully understood by pollsters and the media. We celebrate Sen. Tammy Baldwin’s masterful effort to shepherd a bi-partisan Same sex marriage codification through the U.S. Senate, protecting marriage rights for millions of Americans from Trumpist judges. In Wisconsin, we preview 2023’s state budget battle between the winner of the popular vote, Governor Tony Evers, and an illegitimate gerrymandered Legislature. In addition, we assess the developing civil war between MAGA election denier Rep. Janel Brandtjen and Speaker Robin Vos, who expelled Brandtjen from the Assembly GOP caucus. We close by previewing the pivotal 2023 Supreme Court Election next April. Citizen Action is hosting a Supreme Court candidate forum featuring the progressive candidates on Wednesday, January 11th, 7pm.
Listen to the NEW show!
RSVP for Citizen Action’s Supreme Court Candidate Forum, Wednesday, January 11th, 7pm.
- Wisconsin Republicans step back from Trump, but Trumpism is alive and well.
- Same sex marriage bill negotiated by Baldwin moving forward in Senate.
- How did Democrats avoid a midterms backlash over inflation?
- Why Inflation Didn’t Wipe Out the Democrats.How Bidenomics actually worked.
- Rep. Janel Brandtjen, election denier who backed Robin Vos challenger, barred from Assembly GOP caucus.
- Brandtjen responds to Republicans barring her from caucus meetings.