“Interview with Tom Nelson” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We discuss the escalating and human-made COVID pandemic here in Wisconsin and across the country. New state data shows that in August the unvaccinated are 11 times more likely to die. Robert highlights a new In These Times Magazine story revealing the US is not really pushing a COVID vaccine patent waiver at WTO, despite an official policy earlier this year. We discuss the Gableman/Vos election probe, which is getting national news in an embarrassing Arizona kind of way. Next, the panel updates the latest developments in Congress on the Build Back Better agenda. Finally, we welcome U.S. Senate Candidate Tom Nelson, the County Executive of Outagamie County, in our continuing series of interviews with Democratic U.S. Senate candidates. We learn more about his views on Medicare For All and other progressive issues.
Learn more about Tom Nelson’s U.S. Senate campaign.
- New Poll Finds Biden Agenda Has Strong Bipartisan Support in Wisconsin.
- Democrats seek corporate, wealthy tax hikes for $3.5T plan.
- New data shows the unvaccinated were 11 times more likely to die from COVID-19 in August and filled 9 times as many hospital beds.
- U.S. Says It Supports a Covid Vaccine Patent Waiver, But Document Reveals It Is Dragging Feet at WTO.
- Citing COVID risk, Democrats on Assembly education committee walk out.