“Democracy Defender” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We expose a series of GOP bills that will take lifesaving health care away from thousands of Wisconsin working families in the middle of a pandemic to appease the big business demand for poverty wage workers. We welcome Wisconsin Election Commission commissioner Mark Thomsen to discuss his experience fighting to protect democratic and fair elections and his call to all of us to speak out against the right wing assault on democracy. Citizen Action Organizing Director, Kate Beaton, joins us to talk about the critical role organizing plays in creating the the transformative changes we are seeking. Kate calls on listeners to join a Citizen Action Organizing Cooperative near you. Learn more and join!
- Bills take away unemployment pay, other aid, to fill more jobs.
- Doctors Slam GOP Proposals to Add New Barriers to Medical Assistance.
- Timothy Ramthun, a Republican pushing to overturn 2020 election, appears poised to enter race for Wisconsin governor.
- Wisconsin business leaders send letter defending elections commission.
- Wisconsin Republicans race to reinvent state’s election system — again.
- Business Leaders Support Elections Commission, a Frequent Target of GOP Conspiracies.
- ‘Zucker-bucks,’ and Russian collusion discussed in hearing on Republican election bills.
- 18 Actions Wisconsin Republicans Have Taken to Undermine the Electoral System.
- With little evidence, felon tells Assembly committee there were thousands of illegal votes.