“Supremely important economic battles progressives must win” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We discuss Citizen Action’s duel endorsement of Judge Janet Protasiewicz and Judge Everett Mitchell as we head towards the critical February 21st Supreme Court Primary Election. After debriefing Governor Evers’ State of the State speech and the Republicans’ cynical response, we welcome back our in-house economist Dr. Micheal Rosen to discuss Republicans’ scheme to create a phony “debt crisis” and what President Biden and Democrats need to do to win the fight. We also talk with Dr. Rosen about Legislative Republican’s shameful and destructive pursuit of large state tax cuts for the wealthy and expose Speaker Vos’ bad idea to increase the sales tax 1% to pay for shared revenue to state municipalities.
Listen to the new show!
Read more about Citizen Action’s duel endorsement of Judge Janet Protasiewicz and Judge Everett Mitchell.
Donate to Citizen Action’s Supreme Court Action Fund to support our “deep canvass” phone and door program talking directly to voters.
- Evers proposes investments and emphasizes potential compromise during State of the State.
- Wisconsin Gov. Evers calls for more state spending on mental health and water pollution cleanup.
- Biden, Democrats to U.S. House Republicans: Show us your debt limit plan.
- Tax analyst says flat-rate system will benefit wealthy at the expense of the majority.
- Opinion | Wisconsin Republicans finally found something to like about Illinois.
- Why The Fed’s Next Interest Rate Decision Is Hard.