“Fake Compromise” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We discuss the Shared Revenue “compromise” between Governor Evers and the leaders of the Gerrymandered Legislature and dissect how it is more of a capitulation than an agreement between co-equal branches of government. We are joined by Sen. Chris Larson who voted against the bill and Amy Mizialko the president of Milwaukee Teachers Education Association to talk about why the deal is terrible for public education. We call on Gov. Evers’ to listen to the people and reconsider this historic growth of scarce public funding for unaccountable private voucher schools which can discriminate and cherry pick their students. President Mizialko urges our listeners on behalf of educators and parents across the state to call Gov. Evers at 608-266-1212 to ask him to reconsider.
We close with a review of the historic Milwaukee Climate and Economic Equity plan public hearing at Milwaukee Common Council Wednesday as the city charts a course to cut greenhouse emissions almost in half by 2030 and become carbon neutral by 2050 in a way that dramatically reduces race-based economic inequality.
Listen to the show.
Join Citizen Action of Wisconsin
- Legislature passes bill aimed at averting Milwaukee financial crisis.
- Wisconsin legislators approve shared revenue, school choice bills.
- Bills to increase funding for local government and choice schools pass Legislature.
- Gov. Tony Evers says he would veto state budget if Republicans advance $32 million cut to UW System.
- New Bipartisan Deal on Education Funding Has Something for Everyone to Like—and Hate.
- Editorial | Vos attack on UW diversity efforts echoes DeSantis.
- Milwaukee charts course to become carbon neutral by 2050. Here’s how the city hopes to get there.
- Committee advances new climate, equity plan to full Milwaukee Common Council.