“3 card monte democracy” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
The gerrymandered GOP Legislature continued to force its extreme and unpopular agenda down the throats of Wisconsinites. This week the groundless impeachment drive continued with a cynical embrace of a fake nonpartisan redistricting plan, yet another refusal to address the growing child care crisis, and an escalation of attacks on the UW System’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion programs. To top it all off, Speaker Vos announced the worst possible Brewer stadium public funding plan, which once again sticks it to Milwaukee. We close with a discussion of the UAW strike and the false tension between good union jobs and fighting runaway climate change, Chicago’s breakthrough on the minimum wage, and President Biden’s executive order creating the Climate Corps that was stripped from his legislative plans by wannabe third party presidential candidate Sen. Joe Manchin.
Join Citizen Action of Wisconsin.
Listen to the show!
- The Wisconsin impeachment threat has no merit in law. That won’t stop Robin Vos from trying.
- Opinion | When it comes to redistricting, Robin Vos can’t be trusted
- Child care funding remains dead after Republicans reject special session call.
- Wisconsin parents scramble for child care as politicians at impasse.
- Republicans insult child care providers with ineffective bill package, disrespectful ‘babysitting’ comments.
- As abortion services resume in Wisconsin, Senate committee considers bills to curb the practice.
- Republican lawmakers and Evers divided over child care workforce issues.
- Will Brewers stadium project need a community benefits deal to fly?
- A $600 million American Family Field spending plan is coming and it could include money from taxpayers.
Biden Launches ‘American Climate Corps’ Program to Create 20,000 Jobs.