“Spring Politics” Battleground Wisconsin Podcast
We discuss the economic “double talk” in D.C. that rationalizes bailing out the banks (and ultra-wealthy) and not the people. Just this week, the Fed tempered their projected interest rate hikes, which were resisted by banks and their allies because of the threat to banks who have placed risky bets on low interest rates. The Fed and the banks show no such concern for unemployment, the real victims of rate hikes. We review Sen. Tammy Baldwin epic cross examination of Moderna’s CEO for their outrageous COVID vaccine price hike. Will this give Senator Baldwin a great re-election issue? We also raise the alarm bills on 300,000 low income Wisconsinites who will be kicked off BadgerCare as COVID public health emergency ends April 1. Meanwhile, Congressman Bryan Steil focuses on Donald Trump’s legal defense in an outrageous letter to the NYC DA which shows that Trump still commands the GOP. At the other side of the Capital, The TikTok sideshow continues in D.C. Is there any limit to the bipartisan China-bating? Meanwhile in Wisconsin, we review the latest State Supreme Court Election news and talk about report that Illinois took in $36.1 million in cannabis tax revenues last year from Wisconsin residents. Robert debriefs a few GOP “tough on crime bills” that are intended to stoke the issue and look tough while doing absolutely nothing to improve public safety.
Listen to the show!
- Supreme Court candidates accuse each other of lying, extremism in sole debate.
- Cannabis prohibition costs Wisconsin millions in tax revenue.
- Moderna plan to hike COVID vaccine price to $130 a dose rebuked at U.S. Senate hearing.
- Baldwin Blasts Moderna CEO for Outrageous COVID vaccine price hike. Questions motive.
- Congressman Steil comes to Trump’s legal defense in outrageous letter to NYC DA.
- Republican bill would increase penalties related to overdose.
- The City That Kicked Cops Out of Schools and Tried Restorative Practices Instead.